Just 4 days into the sprint, we tested our initial idea with a prototype test with three families and two experts. Have a look at the prototype. We used Boords (storyboard software) to create a storyboard and asked a friend to do the voice over in Darija, a Moroccan dialect.
Even though the animation was not as smooth and perfect as the finished product, it worked surprisingly well.
We went to the homes of several Moroccan families in Amsterdam and showed them our creation. We immediately discovered what worked, and what didn’t. For example, the animation was too fast and sometimes too complex.
Evil spirits, evil eyes and jins are still associated with medical problems in some parts of the Arabic world. We knew this thanks to the interviews on day 1 of the sprint. So in our prototype, we paid special attention to this topic. In our test every single participant reacted to it! Some laughed, others felt recognised and started talking about it.